Saturday, November 19, 2016

As political as I'll get.

I voted. I watched election news, discussed with my kids and Dane, stayed up all night on election night. I would say I enjoy all aspects of politics. However this year was hard. Dane has gone on election night and his parents had just left that morning. So a tradition that I started the last 2 elections got pushed aside. But thanks to the world protesting and dragging it on a little longer I can do our little election tradition on Inauguration day. What I've done is created a DINNER ballot. I'll put 3 veggies, 3 choices of main course, 3 bread types, and 3 desserts. I'll post the dinner ballot on the wall and we will vote on what to eat that night. Its kind of fun and things get mixed in different ways. Hopefully what I can teach my kids is that sometimes you get what you want and at other times it's tough to swallow. I invite you to join us on Inauguration day and go VOTE. Be creative. I'd love to hear your ideas.

No comments: